Saturday 27 February 2016

Iceland by Mrs Gadd

So excited to be going away,
Packed a suitcase with warm clothes for three days.
Said "Goodbye" to my home and drove away,
To the airport along the motorway.

Sitting on the plane I began to dream,
Iceland, how would it seem?
Unfortunately, my thoughts didn't get very far
As the baby behind me started to scream!

Beautiful, peaceful, idyllic place.
Snowflakes that looked like shimmering lace,
Swirling and dancing all over the place,
Landing cheekily on my freezing face.

So many lovely places to be,
All surrounded by icy, blue sea.
A tranquil feeling envelops me,
Totally, totally free.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pleased you had a lovely time Mrs Gadd. I am equally pleased that you came back to Fleet because we would all miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment